CONFERENCES, COLLOQUIA, WORKSHOPS etc. hosted by the IAFL or organized by IAFL members:
- 2011: 10th Biennial IAFL Conference on Forensic Linguistics/Language and Law, at Aston University Birmingham , UK , in July 2011.
- 2009: 9th Biennial IAFL Conference on Forensic Linguistics/Language and Law July 6-9, 2009, at VU University Amsterdam.
- 2007: International Association of Forensic Linguists: 8th Biennial Conference on Forensic Linguistics/Language and Law, 12th-15thJuly, 2007, University of Washington Seattle, Washington
- 2005: International Association of Forensic Linguists: 7th Biennial Conference on Forensic Linguistics/Language and Law, 1st ~ 4th July, 2005, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK
- 2003: July 9-11: the 6th IAFL Conference, Sydney, Australia. // Sydney 2003: IAFL Sixth International Conference on Language and the Law
- 2001: July: the 5th IAFL Conference, the University of Malta // INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FORENSIC LINGUISTS: Fifth Biennial Conference "Forensic Linguistics Ten Years On - what future?" 30 June - 2 July 2001, Malta,
- 1999: July: the 4th IAFL Conference, Birmingham, UK.
- 1997: 4-7 September: 3rd IAFL Conference, Duke University, North Carolina, USA.
- 1995: July: 2nd IAFL Conference, University of New England, Armidale, Australia. (Abstracts) (Abstracts)
- 1993: 8-14 August: Special Symposium at the AILA Conference, Amsterdam.
- 1993: 14-16 July: 1st IAFL Conference, Bonn, Germany.
CONFERENCES, COLLOQUIA, WORKSHOPS etc. in FL prior to the founding of IAFL:
- 14th November 1992: A one day seminar (Second British Seminar on FL) was held in Birmingham.
- 20-22 March 1992: The First British Seminar on Forensic Linguistics was held at the University of Birmingham, and was attended by delegates from Australia, Brazil, Eire, Holland, Greece, Ukraine and Germany as well as the U.K. There was a consensus that an international association was needed, and it was from this seminar that the IAFL was born.
- 1990, 1991, 1992 and beyond:, GAL, the German Applied Linguistics Association, had a session ("Arbeitskreis") on forensic linguistics in its program every year (in Goettingen, Mainz and Saarbruecken respectively).
- 1990 and 1991: Conferences in York at on forensic phonetics and linguistics, organized by Peter French.
- 1989: Conferences on forensic handwriting analysis, at which there were also FL presentations. Organised by the late Lothar Michel at Mannheim University, Germany.
- 1988: The Bundeskriminalamt (BKA) in Wiesbaden, Germany, organized a two-day conference in FL.